Monday, January 28, 2008

TED

This is where I want to take my photographic experience to. I have been researching a lot about photographers around the world who shoot what ultimately matters. Jame's photos are very familiar to me, I have seen his work and learned a lot from how he shoots. His images bring out emotions inside of yourself you didn't even know were there. Becoming a field photographer is something I would love to do. It is a very dangerous job, however I feel it is vital to show our ignorant world what needs to be addressed and taken care of. Some images that struck me the most were the two soldiers crying at their friends grave, as well as the images from Darfur and South Africa. How can we know what is really going on around the world if it weren't for the ones like James risking their lives to go out and shoot the real world. I would love to choose a topic after this semester, such as famine, and go around the world documenting it. Helping others is what life is all about, and if my photography can show someone how they can help, then I am doing my job. This work really inspires me and I will go out and do this type of work some day.

No comments: